List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Connectors (was koffice)
From:       "Casper Boemann" <cbr () boemann ! dk>
Date:       2007-02-28 16:29:27

I don't think connectors should be shapes.

This is purely by fundamental reasoning. If connectors were shapes you would
be able to connect two connectors with a connector. And even more weird you
would be able to connect it to itself.

And all this to save some lines of code. A connector is NOT a shape - it
connets them. The name kind of implies it.

And the stuff we save is really rather minimal anyway, because with would
have to write all sorts of special code to let connectors be shapes.

If you still insist then I think we should introduce another class like
KoWhatWeCallShapeToday which inherit from a new and much simpler KoShape.
The KoConnector would then also inherit from the new simple KoShape.

just my 2 cents worth.

best regards
Casper Boemann