List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: ODF hack weekend for KOffice
From:       Sebastian Sauer <mail () dipe ! org>
Date:       2007-02-24 2:11:39

Inge Wallin wrote:
> Well, now we have managed to find such a place, namely the KDAB offices in
> Berlin. KDAB, the company of Kalle Dalheimer, where David Faure and lots
> of other Qt/KDE hackers work, have promised to let us use their office and
> other resources in May.

Does the "other resources" include systems to hack on? Maybe even with a
preinstalled KDE4+KO2 to save the setup time during those days?

If hardware is there but the up-to-date Software is missing, I could also try
to help somehow. Maybe create+install some days before an image or so...

For sure that depends on the question if I am the only one who does not like
to hack on his old but beautiful 500MHz+128MB RAM+KDE3 laptop (runs fine+fast
btw as long as I don't start OOo :-)

on the other hand...

> David Faure, our representative at the OASIS OpenDocument Technical
> Committee, has already agreed to come and act as an expert on ODF itself
> and the internals of the KOffice ODF implementation.

... that sounds as it may an idea to use the time to talk about as much as
possible and then let david hack to learn from him, heh :)

> If not, then check the 5th-6th of May. If you can come, then also
> find out how much it will cost you for the trip to Berlin. Then answer
> this mail with that information.

Both dates are ok for me and zero/nil/null/none euros here. Guess I didn't
used that words in this combination since a very long time.

--
Sebastian Sauer aka dipesh[sebsauer]
http://www.dipe.org/public_key.asc