List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice/libs/flake
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2007-02-08 20:09:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 08 February 2007, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Thursday 08 February 2007 14:38, you wrote:
> > On Thursday 08 February 2007, you wrote:
> > > SVN commit 631571 by zander:
> > >
> > > Using a QRegion in document coordinate system can't work for any useful
> > > document. So I'll mark this method deprecated, to be removed before the
> > > final release.
> >
> > And I'll unmark it deprecated again because you're totally wrong.
>
> Ehm, right.
> That explains everything.

As if your bald commit statement or your comments on irc explained anything.

> Before we go ping-pong commits, you might want to explain why you think you
> don't need something more higher resultion then whole postscript points.
> (aka 72 DPI).

Well, you don't have to use that method. Besides, "he who code decides",
right?

Not that I'm not working on a version of QRegion that takes floats and doesn't
degrade to scanlines to replace QRegion here and elsewhere in Krita. I'll
have to base it on a grid, so you'll have the same kind of imprecision you'd
get if you'd add aligned rects to the qregion, but for updating a canvas that
isn't a problem, better paint a little too much than not enough.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi