List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE GnuMP library
From:       "Tomas Mecir" <mecirt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-01-18 11:20:19

Hi again,

As a followup for the previous discussion about arbitraty precision, I
have found this:
http://www.mpfr.org/

It is a library, which is based on GnuMP, and which adds support for
various floating-point functions that are missing on GnuMP -
sin/cos/... - which is exactly the things that I was missing from
GnuMP. The lib is released under LGPL, so at first glance, it looks
like an ideal candidate for what I want. They even have a TeX manual
describing all their algorithms with proofs and stuff.

I will be investigating it further, just wanted to ask whether anyone
has any experience with this particular library, or reasons why this
library wouldn't be suitable, or something.

/ Tomas