List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: A simple place for complex settings, KOffice-wide
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2007-01-09 21:58:06

Thomas Zander said the following, On 2007-01-09 22:26:

>> Whether it's implemented using koproperty or WINAPI or Flake or
>> FooBarMetaProgramming, it does not matter, the proposal is about
>> functionality so do not use the points from a different thread.
>
> Ehm, no. You didn't ask if we thought we had too many options. You didn't
> refer to any research that this option indeed is used by such a small amount
> of people that it can be hidden. You didn't make a point at how KOffice
> configuration really is over the top.
> All you did was state that you thought this config option was a great reason
> to build a config dialog like you linked to. Preferably based on
> koproperties.

I wrote
"Apparently we're going to have a plenty of such settings in Kexi."

And used "IF" here:
  "If that's ok to you, it will be no problem to reuse the dialog in other
KOffice apps once it is present in Kexi 2.0 sometime this year."

The config option in the example was... an example, period. Depending on
whether you plan to add more features to, say, KWord or remove them, you may
like to have the setting dialog simplified or not for that app. I used "IF".

I can have it developed silently and internally, preventing reuse, but I
decided to make you aware there's something possible. Obviously I am not going
to add chapters about editing config files to the Kexi handbook...

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek