List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Importing RAW camera images
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2006-11-01 8:29:03

I did a little experimenting.

I took a photograph:

	http://home.earthlink.net/~tyrerj/files/A_vaotsanda.jpeg

and made a CFA image:

	http://home.earthlink.net/~tyrerj/files/A_vaotsanda-CFA.png

This doesn't display very well which indicates that that we would need
some way to display this type of image so that it looked normal --
probably at 1/2 the resolution.

Enlarge part of it till you can see the pixels to see the Bayer CFA pattern.

I then made a an interpolated image using 3x3 wavelet filters:

	http://home.earthlink.net/~tyrerj/files/A_vaotsanda-0.jpg

The final image looks OK on the screen but if you enlarge it, you will
see that it has artifacts due to spatial frequency aliasing.  As I said,
quoting my DSP text, interpolation produces aliasing.

--
JRT