List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: I18n bugs in kspread: untranslatable strings
From:       Burkhard =?iso-8859-1?q?L=FCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2006-10-24 21:23:43

Am Dienstag, 24. Oktober 2006 14:48 schrieb Sebastian Sauer:
> On Monday 23 October 2006 18:17, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> > > i18n("Script Manager") comes from libs/kross/core/guimanager.* and
> > > there it's translated, or?
> >
> > No, it is untranslatable in trunk, because there is no string "Script
> > Manager" in the message catalogs in trunk used by kspread.
>
> uh, damn. You are right. It's actualy i18n("Scripts Manager...") in
> lib/kross, so with an additional "s" :-/ ...
> but in koffice1.6/kspread/plugins/scripting/scripting.cc line #62 it's
> defined as
> new KAction(i18n("Script Manager..."), ...
>
> hmmm... so, beside the "Script" vs. "Scripts" difference, the question is
> why the string isn't in the catalog?!

I suppose in branch there is someting wrong in the messags target in the
Makefile, but I can not find out what :-(

> I didn't know before that there exists a german translation file for PyQt3
> (it does not use KDE translations at all).

I have no translation file for PyQt3 installed on my computer, (AFAIK there
isn't any), looks like this translation of the shortcuts is pulled in via
kdelibs.

> Since I am not that familar with
> translations at all; would you see here a high priority to get the
> ScriptEditor-package translated? or would it be ok to try to take care of
> it for KSpread2/KDE4?

It is important to have all messages in the main menu translatable,
translation of the ScriptEditor package is a task for KSpread2.
Before your mail I even did not realize that the dialogs "Export to HTML File"
and "Script Editor" are "just" some python scripts.

Burkhard Lück