List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KWord Comment
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-09-30 10:22:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 30 September 2006 06:40, Colin Stuart wrote:
> Sorry Folks - I think KWord is a wonderful idea ...but ...I tried it for
> the first time tonight and have not run into anything so
> counter-intuitive in a long time.  For a new user it was immensely
> irritating.  The frames wouldn't go where I wanted them,  I couldn't set
> the margins in page layout - for some reason the sliders were locked -

Even though I never had those problems, nor did my daughters had them when
they used KWord for their school assignments, we are aware that KWord needs
improvement. It may be relevant to know which version of KWord you have
tried -- there have been small improvements in frame handling in the 1.5
series. And for 2.0, a lot of work is already being done to make frame
handling as smooth as the proverbial silk :-).

> and when I went to the manual through the help menu the
> wordswereruntogether and impossible to decipher.

That sounds like a local problem -- if I look at
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/koffice/kword/ I don't see any problems.

> KWord has a long way
> to go to get  more than marginal acceptance, at least in a North
> American environment.

Why would North America be any different than the rest of the world?
--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi