List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KWord Comment
From:       Colin Stuart <cdstuart () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2006-09-30 4:40:44

Sorry Folks - I think KWord is a wonderful idea ...but ...I tried it for
the first time tonight and have not run into anything so
counter-intuitive in a long time.  For a new user it was immensely
irritating.  The frames wouldn't go where I wanted them,  I couldn't set
the margins in page layout - for some reason the sliders were locked -
and when I went to the manual through the help menu the
wordswereruntogether and impossible to decipher.   KWord has a long way
to go to get  more than marginal acceptance, at least in a North
American environment.
Colin Stuart