List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KOffice Instruction Player & summer of code thank you
From:       Dennis P <dennis_p () quicknet ! nl>
Date:       2006-09-08 12:38:50

I just read the Summer of Code / Programmeerzomer results on the dot and I'm
very impressed, thank you all for making KOffice better. I also had to think
about how much time will be spend on explaining these features to users in
documentation and tutorials which have yet to be written and how much easier
it would be if the developer could simply just showcase the usage by
recording actions and giving audio comment, which in turn could lead to other
users demonstrating very creative usages of KOffice features.

Those on IRC last night know what I'm getting at, asking for the further
development of the KOffice Instruction Player / Recorder, which would like
the commercial kdexecutor record and playback user interface events but
additionally would record audio comments so that we get real time
instructions which can be mimicked step by step to get to a certain end
result and thereby teaches users how to use functions of KOffice without lots
of reading. Learning by doing.

It is more then just an idea. I have already evaluated the workflow and
designed a 'paper interface' to match. I'm not a coder so I wrote a manual
which describes the stages and which can help with coding. I hope you'll all
read the Instruction Player.odt and that one of you can find the time to
develop it.

It would surely ease the acceptance of KOffice as a whole when its usage and
capabilities can be demonstrated by KOffice itself.

Thanks for your time,
Dennis Pennekamp

["Instruction Player.odt" (application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)]