List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: For KWord: a mailmerge plugin for KexiDB
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-08-30 22:43:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 31 August 2006 00:34, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> -> move the code to koffice/kexi/plugins/mailmerge/; as it implements
> KWMailMergeDataSource interface, and it is a plugin, there is only
> compile-time dependency, so it can be packaged within Kexi _without_
> any dependencies on KWord (TODO: mention this in README.PACKAGERS).

Naturally, thats not so easy as any plugin never depends on header files,
but only on libraries. And in this case on the kword and the kexi
libraries. So this plugin depends on both apps.

Just mentioning something in 'packagers' has not lead to good results and
I really really doubt that they will create a new rpm or deb for just
this  one plugin. As that is the only way to keep kexi from depending on
kword and visa versa.

If you don't mind kexi to have an install-time dependency on kword, then
I'm fine with it being put in the kexi subdir, though. Just make sure
that kexi is already compiled after kword. Not sure about that one.
--
Thomas Zander