List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Shapes and Tools
From:       Jan Hambrecht <jaham () gmx ! net>
Date:       2006-08-17 9:40:12

Hi...

I yesterday started to work on a path tool to edit a KoPathShape. I
stumbled across some things that are unclear, at least to me.

Currently the path shape is part of the flake lib and is manually
registered (along with the KoRectangleShape) within the KoShapeRegistry.
On the other hand there is a shapes directory in koffice/ which
currently contains the regular polygon shape. The question i have is, do
we want _all_ shapes to reside in that directory and loaded dynamically,
or do we want some shapes be a fixed part of the flake lib.

Another problem is with registering the tool factory of the KoPathTool.
I looked at the text shape, which does it manually in the ctor of the
KoTextShapeFactory. After doing that i noticed that it adds a dependcy
to kofficeui (coming from KoToolRegistry ) and thus a circular dependcy
as kofficeui depends also on the flake lib. So i propose to move the
KoToolRegistry to kofficecore.

Suggestions?

Ciao Jan