List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Trying db-aware combo boxes in Kexi
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-07-27 1:18:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 15:30, Adam Treat wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 July 2006 5:13 pm, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> > Aaron J. Seigo said the following, On 2006-07-26 20:24:
> > void KLanguageButton::insertItem( const QIconSet& icon, const QString
> > &text, const QString & id, const QString &submenu, int index )
> >
> > ..designed for a specific purpose. Database-aware stuff is a whole
> > library (koffice/kexi/widget/tableview/ and friends)

sorry, i was referring specifically to the multi-column drop down .. .and then
i remembered:

> rather ugly hack around KCompletion* classes.  It works quite well, but for
> anything based on Qt4 or better, I feel this hack should be resolved and
> KComboBox/KCompletion should support multi-columns natively.  The

qcombobox in qt4.x is model/view based and is supposed to support multiple
columns natively if you provide it a multi-column model. this is what i was
told in trysil by a troll, though i haven't gotten around to actually trying
it out.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Undulate Your Wantonness