List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Zooming broken ?
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-25 17:05:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 25 June 2006 18:40, Tomas Mecir wrote:
> , the
> problem was that you likely changed the zoom handler to divide the
> factor by 100, but the load/save code for settings was not aware of
> that

The zoomHandler has changes the _internal_ zoom level from an int to a
double, indeed. Sorry that caused problems!
Hmm, I see; those vars are protected instead of private.  And KSpread
ended up using that.  *auch*
I hope your new version uses the method to get the variable now? :)

The API docs also state that 'zoom()' which I renamed to 'zoomInPercent()'
should never be used for calculations, which is done quite a lot in
KSpread.
I hope the new name scares people off a little more to not use it
anymore :)

Please remember; to make ObjectOrientation work without breakages like
this, program to a public API and consider it a bug whenever you break
encapsulation.
--
Thomas Zander