List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread: Style Storage
From:       Stefan Nikolaus <stefan.nikolaus () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2006-06-22 17:43:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 22 June 2006 15:53, Ariya Hidayat wrote:
> > Are you sure that this really is the best approach ? I don't know, I
> > personally somehow just don't like it much :( How do OpenOffice and
> > Gnumeric store formatting ?
[...]
> If someone can compare this to Gnumeric and OO, that'll be lovely. FYI
> my idea from this pieces storage came from MS Excel (at least, its
> file format).

Some pointers for OO:
http://sc.openoffice.org/row-limit.html#Document structure overview|outline
http://sc.openoffice.org/source/browse/sc/sc/inc/attarray.hxx?view=markup
http://sc.openoffice.org/source/browse/sc/sc/source/core/data/attarray.cxx?view=markup

Summarized: a 'dynamic' array per column.

Calc operates with 256 columns at max. I don't want to see this restriction in
KSpread.

I will not dig further in that code...
Stefan