List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread: Style Storage
From:       "Tomas Mecir" <mecirt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-06-22 14:15:28

On 6/22/06, Ariya Hidayat <ariya@kde.org> wrote:
> > And this all STILL isn't everything
>
> Sure, but *any* cell-per-cell operation you want to come up with will
> *not* be easily handled by range-based storage. They are fundamentally
> different. Only workarounds can unify them.

Aye, that's why I don't like this so much. But then, I don't like the
current per-cell solution either, so I guess that's fine :) It all
basically stems down to which of the two things is going to be used
more frequently - and range-based storage is a clear winner of any
such test, IF we manage to keep it simple and efficient.

> If someone can compare this to Gnumeric and OO, that'll be lovely. FYI
> my idea from this pieces storage came from MS Excel (at least, its
> file format).

Well excel at least has the advantage that they don't lose the ranges
after save/load, unlike us. Gnumeric/OO comparison would be really
useful, to see whether they came up with something interesting.