List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Flake to koffice/libs
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2006-05-26 5:06:00

Hello,

> People are getting anxious to play with Flake in their applications, and
> since at least the checklist for KWord is fully satisfied, I think we
> should do the move this week.

Thanks that you ask but half a day between asking and doing might be not
enough for everybody to give his opinion.

> Questions;
> -  Where / what:  koffice/libs/flake or koffice/libs/koshapes or other?
> - Who will create a bspline shape that all apps can use, and provides the
> tools to use it.   I don't have an opinion if that means create a new
> library or just put those classes in flake.

I think we should have a KoPathShape which does all the svg handling. It will
be responsible for all kind of objects when it is implemented even for
rectangles. The reason for that is that you like to be able to modify all the
points of a rectangle. The way karbon does this at the moment looks like a
good start. Each object still has to know if it is a polyline/rectangle until
it is deformed so that it can no longer saved as this kind of object. The
reason for this is that we want to save a rectangle as a draw:rec and so on
according to OpenDocument.

> * KoShape::boundingBox -> boundingRect() ? Since Qts QRegion has that one

No problem.

Will it be possible to use flake inside koffice the same as the one of the
playground. I ask as this as I like to know if I will be able to use flake
without allways updating kde first.

Thorsten