List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Dokumentation updates
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-05-24 19:00:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 24 May 2006 16:17, Burkhard Lück wrote:

> Its useless to commit doc updates to 1.6, as scripty is not working there,
> so we will get no translated documentations.
>
> Yes, 1.5 is is frozen, same as kde 3.5.
>
> But for kde 3.5 I will start a RFC on kde-i18n-doc for a short
> documentation unfreeze at the end of this week, if this goes well, same
> procedure for koffice 1.5 one week later, both with the same and only
> promising strategy: commit to trunk, the 2 or 3 top translation teams (da,
> pt, sv) will start immediately, watch bugs.kde.org and kde-i18n-doc for
> problems with language docbook generation, fix docbook bugs quickly, if
> any.
> If 2 teams have generated the language docbooks successfully, then its time
> to start the RFC for a backport from trunk to stable with this arguments:
> number of expected fuzzy/untranslated messages, no problems in trunk
>
> If ok, I will backport, generate the templates for 3.5/1.5 late just before
> scripty's nightly run, so that on the next morning after a "svn up" every
> translator has docbooks and message files in sync.

Well, I don't claim to know enough about the translation and documentation
processes to have an opinion worth anything. All I know is that I've got
about twenty pages on writing Krita plugins that should go into the handbook
for 1.6 -- and would be useful in 1.5, too, and that we'll release 1.5.2 in
about a month.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi