List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kmymoney2-developer] Charts with KOffice 1.5
From:       Karl-Heinz Zimmer <khz () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-23 16:43:56

Hi Paul,

I am sorry for having caused confusion, by not communicating these
API changes in the right way.

While it is right, that your modification to KDChartVectorTable.h
made your code compile again, it still would be better, if you could
revert that change, and modify your syntax instead: Otherwise your
code might break again, after the next update of kchart.

Please call   m_data.setProp(row, col, id);
instead of    m_data.cell(row, col).setPropertySet(id);

reason:
The KDChartData class being internal now, it is not to be used by
applications' code any more.
I have added a comment to KDChartVectorTable.h now, to prevent
future confusion.

Cheers
Karl-Heinz

Am Freitag 14 April 2006 13:53 schrieb Paul Sprakes:
> Bingo!
>
> KDCHART_PROPSET_NORMAL_DATA in KDChartParams used to be a static const
> but is now a #define. I changed
>
> KDChartPropertySet propSetFutureValue("future value",
> KDChartParams::KDCHART_PROPSET_NORMAL_DATA);

> KDChartPropertySet propSetFutureValue("future value",
> KDCHART_PROPSET_NORMAL_DATA);
>
> Another problem was an error on line 74 of kreportchartview.cpp:
>
> m_data.cell(row, col).setPropertySet(id);
>
> Strangely the cell( uint _row, uint _col ) function in the new KDChart
> had been commented out (KDChartVectorTable.h). Removing the comments and
> reinstalling KDChart fixed this. (I'm sure it's commented out for a
> reason but there is no explanation).
>
> So now it compiles and installs fine and everything seems to be running
> OK.
>
> Thanks, Paul.
>
> On Friday 14 April 2006 11:51, Paul Sprakes wrote:
> > I don't know much about c++ but it seems to be a problem with KOffice.
> > As far as I can tell KDChart was updated to the latest version in
> > January.
> >
> > I have got past the config error by editing the include path in
> > kdchart_export.h see:
> >
> > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-commits&m=114347919120545&w=2
> >
> > (Note that the above change went in koffice trunk but not 1.5 branch)
> >
> > However I then encountered errors while compiling regarding a non
> > existant KDXMLTools.h which i tracked to the following commit to the
> > old KDChart code:
> >
> > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-commits&m=108024446323273&w=2
> >
> > I made the changes described in the above commit to my local koffice
> > 1.5 source and re-installed it. This got me further in the KMymoney
> > compilation but have now encountered this:
> >
> > /usr/qt/3/bin/moc ./knewaccountdlg.h -o knewaccountdlg.moc
> > if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I/opt/kde-head1/include
> > -I/usr/qt/3/include -I.   -I../.. -I.    -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT
> > -D_REENTRANT -DKMM_DEBUG=0  -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi
> > -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion
> > -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -O2 -march=athlon-xp -O2
> > -pipe -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute
> > -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common
> > -fexceptions -MT knewaccountdlg.o -MD -MP -MF
> > ".deps/knewaccountdlg.Tpo" \
> >   -c -o knewaccountdlg.o `test -f 'knewaccountdlg.cpp' || echo
> > './'`knewaccountdlg.cpp; \
> > then mv -f ".deps/knewaccountdlg.Tpo" ".deps/knewaccountdlg.Po"; \
> > else rm -f ".deps/knewaccountdlg.Tpo"; exit 1; \
> > fi
> > knewaccountdlg.cpp: In constructor
> > `KNewAccountDlg::KNewAccountDlg(const MyMoneyAccount&, bool, bool,
> > QWidget*, const char*, const char*)': knewaccountdlg.cpp:420: error:
> > expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
> >

> > The offending line is:
> >
> > KDChartPropertySet propSetFutureValue("future value",
> > KDChartParams::KDCHART_PROPSET_NORMAL_DATA);
> >
> > Unfortunately I have no idea what to do at this point :)

> [...]

Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>

* Qt Components, Platform Independent Software, Qt Training, Mentoring *