List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: -version-info in koffice 1.6
From:       "BERGER Cyrille" <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2006-05-15 14:21:01

> > Since kword and kformula are not developed in 1.6, I'd say that 4.0 is
> > enough.
>
> BTW, General question: no matter these are developed or not; won't these be
> relased for 1.6? I am asking because updating the whole koffice-* set of
> packages (example taken from Fedora) can be cleaner for end user than having
> kword 1.5 and krita 1.6 installed (and two versions of koffice-core - I think
> there can be conflicting files between 1.5 and 1.6)...

yes, all koffice's apps will be release and packagers will have to
rebuild all koffice 1.6 apps to be build and linked against kolibs1.6.
And even if apps aren't developed, maybe there will be bugfixes
between 1.5.2 and 1.6 in those applications, or even plugins like
isaac's kross plugins for kspread.

--
Cyrille Berger