List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Hot New GSoC Item for KWord
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-03 12:29:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 11:25, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> "Add Wiki support to KWord"
>
> I tried to describe is here (search for "Add Wiki support to KWord"):
> http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Google+SoC+2006+ideas

While the technical implementation would be nice, I can't imagine this
being interresting for the userbase that KWord targets. They want a way
to type text and do markup and then maybe save in the wiki format, not
the other way around.

I see this as similar as an html editor; create it in KWord and write it
out afterwards. I don't want an input mode to type <b>word</b> either...

So; except for coolness factor, who will actually like this new feature?
--
Thomas Zander