List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: playground/office/flake
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-01 6:59:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 01 May 2006 08:42, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> I have some questions to your patch. I don't understand why we need a
> repaint manger for every view. I think one repaint manager for the same
> data would be enough.
> Every canvas would know the repaint manager and the repaint manager
> would know the canvases. Then you say the repaint manger to repaint the
> object/rect and it repaints the canvases. This would minimise the
> administration for managing the objects needed.

I chose the approach of having 1 repaint manager for every ShapeManager
because its the only way we can have zero administration for managing the
objects AND the classes outside of the library don't even have to know a
repaint manager exists.

So, lets see what you created to minimize that...
/me reading diff...

Yes; you introduce administration into the mainwindow _and_ the canvas;
whereas before the test application didn't even know there was a repaint
manager.
I'm not sure what you mean by minimizing, this seems to do the opposite.

--
Thomas Zander