List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: playground/office/flake
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2006-05-01 6:42:59

Hello Thomas,

(This is a resend as my mailer made other thinks as I wanted.)
> First version of a Repaint Manager.
> This allows each KoShape to have a repaint() method which will cause the
> canvas to repaint it.
> Design is a bit tricky due to the fact that each object can have more then
> one canvas it works on; I have to work on that a little more but the idea
> is already visible in the KoRepaintManager.h file
>
> The bigest sacrifice I had to make is that KoShapeManager now has its own
> list of the objects and a add/remove for the objects.
> With the ShapeManager being a QObject anyway we can probably add some
> slots to minimize the pain of a shadow administration.
>
> Note that the repaint manager is currently not enabled as there are some
> repainting bugs.
> Edit FlakeCanvas::updateCanvas (in testapp/mainwindow.cpp) to enabled it.

I have some questions to your patch. I don't understand why we need a repaint
manger for every view. I think one repaint manager for the same data would be
enough.
Every canvas would know the repaint manager and the repaint manager would know
the canvases. Then you say the repaint manger to repaint the object/rect and
it repaints the canvases. This would minimise the administration for managing
the objects needed.
I have attached a patch which is doing that. It is still very basic as I had
not much time this morning and I have to go now. So it still has repainting
problems but nothing that can't be fixed. At least I hope so :-).
I really like to know what all of you think about it and which way we should
go.

I would be happy if you could post such big changes before you commit them, so
that every body could comment on them.

Thorsten

["repaintmanager.diff.gz" (application/x-gzip)]