List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Flake requirements.
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-04-18 7:26:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 14 April 2006 19:23, Thomas Zander wrote:

> I'm leaning towards the decorator, yes.
> Since the next item (the text runaround question) needs to know stuff from
> the border as well we probably need some sort of border in all known
> flake types.  Some objects will just have an instance of EmptyBorder.

Well, we could start experimenting with that right now, it should be easy to
add to the current test code.

> I actually designed the new pages in KWord to avoid this problem by making
> a page either left, right or a pagespread.  I.e. you would just have a
> bigger page in between.

Oh, good! How about the gutter?

> Well, its not needed by KWord per see.
> I'm not sure why it would be harder for svg objects.  All you need to do
> is rotate the painter before you pass it to that flake objects paint
> method.
> Actually rotating all the points in the svg (which is the alternative)
> seems like a harder nut to crack to me :)

Well, if the outline shape shouldn't change, you'd need to clip the result of
the painter to the old shape. That might be hard. At least, I'm sure I
couldn't do that :-).

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi