List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: 2.0 Design Arena
From:       "Tomas Mecir" <mecirt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-03-27 10:13:12

On 3/26/06, Boudewijn Rempt <boud@valdyas.org> wrote:
> I've bootstrapped the wiki page we can use to design & keep track of the
> implementation of KOffice 2.0:
> http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=koffice2roadmap.
>
> Laurent is going to begin porting trunk to Qt4/KDE4 tomorrow. Do we need to
> decide on a particular snapshot of kdelibs4?

Is there some documentation as on how to develop with kdelibs4, while
still using qt3/kde3 as the desktop ? I have a RPM for qt4, which
seems to install to another directory than qt3, so the only issue
would be kdelibs4 - can it be installed to /opt/kde4 or somesuch, like
kdes installs to /opt/kde3, and also make koffice compile with that ?

KSpread-specific: do we want to use flake in KSpread ? KoText2 is
mentioned to be used inside flake, should KSpread use that, or make
use of KoText2 (or the current rendering code) directly ?

/ Tomas