List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Last day before rc1
From:       "Robert Knight" <robertknight () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-02-23 19:27:38

Hi,

KSpread still has some critical problems left, notably:

- Printing messes up completely on many documents
- Crash when closing spreadsheets which have inter-sheet dependancies
- not reproducible on all systems.
- Various notable problems with ODS spreadsheets.  eg.  Strange
repeating-border bug.  Swapping an ODS spreadsheet between OO.org and
KSpread a few times can often mangle the document as well - which
rather defeats the point of ODS.

In short, KSpread won't be in "release candiate" state when the
intended RC1 deadline arrives.  I will try and fix what I can over the
weekend.  Below is my list of critical or serious problems I found
through recent general testing and other bug reports.

Regards,
Robert.

====

		Critical TODO
		=============
		- BUG: Printing is completely messed up with some spreadsheets, and
merely crap on others.
				- Seems to have something to do with how page borders are calculated.
		- BUG:  CRASH when closing doc where cells have dependancies upon
cells in other sheets

                High Priority TODO
                ==================

		- BUG:  Double-clicking on an object to activate it can cause the
spreadsheet to jump if the selected
			cell isn't near the object.
		- BUG:  Painting regression introduced when DFAURE changed calls to
update into calls to repaint -
			move and resize markers not drawn properly when moving / resizing
embedded objects.
		- BUG:  "Data Area" setting in chart setup dialog is ignored (INGEWA?)
		- BUG:  Rightmost sometimes drawn on cells that should be empty when
		- BUG:  Lots of warnings about calls to cell::row() and
cell::column() for the default cell when saving
		- BUG:  Fix editing of formulae
			- Undo doesn't work (when editing formulae and selecting locations)
			- Cannot choose on another sheet (yet editor is still visible!)
			- Cannot resize highlighted ranges if cursor is in paricular
positions within a formula such that
			  choose mode is disabled.

		- BUG:  Add checks in where temporary files are created to ensure
better handling if creation of the temporary
			file fails (see #121793)
		- BUG:  Truncation of lines of text entered into KSpread cells to
5000 characters (this is hardcoded in the
			source) -  (#121411)
		- BUG:  Look into problems with ODS samples (#118478)
		- BUG:  Endless loop when opening KSpread and re-exporting as ODS (#121125)
		- REPORTBUG:  	Cannot make legends on graphs a sensible size.
				The text ignores the font-size spec. is always too small
		- REPORTBUG:  Crash when saving charts embedded in sheets.  Seems
something to do with legend font size?

		- Better handling when an embedded object in KSpread fails to load
(eg. chart object in Bug # 121009
			- ie. No crashing when loading OR saving!

		- PERF: Try and get at least some performance improvement when

		- BUG:  When "Print Grid" is enabled, the right-most grid lines and
the bottom-most grid lines on each page
		  are not drawn

		Lower Priority TODO

		- BUG:		Fix warnings about selection in cell choose mode