List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread Kross API (help needed!)
From:       Sebastian Sauer <mail () dipe ! org>
Date:       2006-02-17 20:43:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Isaac, hi* :-)

Isaac Clerencia wrote:
> I've been working for a while in Kross integration in KSpread.
>
> It is already working (in playground/office), but I would like
> to get some feedback about the API that I should expose.

Wow. Damn nice work! :-)

> My main problem is that I'm a spreadsheet illiterate, so I can't come with
> any useful example (I'm just testing that the API works correctly with
> dumb scripts like the one that appears in the wiki). I would be really
> happy if somebody could throw some ideas about what could be done with
> spreadsheet scripting, so I can be sure to expose the required functions
> to be able to write such scripts. Feel free to mail me any advice :)

KSpread has a very powerfull list of predefined functions. What would make
sense (in m eyes) is to have a "Script-Function" which does nothing else then
passing optional input args to a script, execute the script and return the
scripts returnvalue as function-returnvalue. That way an user is able to
define his own custom functions written in his prefered scripting language.
Maybe even do the same for the validity-functionality?

--
Sebastian Sauer aka dipesh[sebsauer]
http://www.dipe.org/public_key.asc