List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Cut / Copy and Paste between KOffice applications is completely broken
From:       Robert Knight <robertknight () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-02-06 23:25:55

Hi,

Inge and I discovered whilst on IRC that cut / copy and pasting of
KOffice parts between applications is completely broken at the moment.

- I was unable to copy and paste any KOffice part from one application
into KWord

- I was unable to copy and paste any KOffice part from one application
into KSpread

- I was able to copy and paste some parts between two KPresenter
instances, but I couldn't do that with KSpread or KWord.

This means that import tasks such as copying and pasting charts from
spreadsheets into word documents or presentations don't work.

Clearly it is essential that this is fixed before the 1.5 release, but
I know very little about the OASIS side of things and how the copy /
paste mechanism works.  Perhaps other developers could look at this?