List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Joining koffice development team
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2006-02-06 18:57:49

Philippe Rigault said the following, On 2006-02-05 17:10:

> 2. Kspread and Kexi
>  Focus on polishing features needed in a business/academic setting:
> compatibility with OpenOffice.org and MSOffice, interaction with databases,
> web environments and scientific environments such as R.

As you may know, there are incredible many smaller and larger tasks available
to design and implement in Kexi. I am ready to help assist with this, if you
like.
Not all of the tasks are even strictly database-related.

> I just partly rewrote the CSV export filter of kspread (see bug 121396), this
> should give you an idea of my coding.

One note here, FYI: the CSV dialog code from KSpread has been adopted for Kexi
1.0 with moving it back into the future kofficelibs version (probably 2.0), so
entire KOffice suite (if not entire KDE) can make use of it.
Main changes include:
- import and export doesn't require to load entire data into QTable, so
multimegabyte files work well
- gui improved (the dialog is not yet impelemnted as Wizard though)
- types autodetection support improved
- export code look now a bit more generic than before, more to come after
merge with KSpread

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska

  Kexi Developer:      http://www.kexi-project.org | http://koffice.org/kexi
  Kexi Support:        http://www.kexi-project.org/support.html
  Kexi For MS Windows: http://kexi.pl/wiki/index.php/Kexi_for_MS_Windows
  KDE3, KDE4 Libraries For Developing MS Windows Applications:
                       http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki