List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Joining koffice development team
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-02-05 19:57:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 05 February 2006 19:19, Bart Coppens wrote:
> On Sunday 05 February 2006 17:10, Philippe Rigault wrote:
> > I woule like primarily to contribute to:
> > 1. Krita
>
> Great!
>
> >  - RAW filters
> > 	- Generic framework for various CCD geometries
> > 	- Improved algorithms for demosaicing (interpolation of CCD data -> RBG)
> > 	- Full support for popular raw formats (e.g Nikon's NEF and Canon's
> > CRW), including EXIF data edition and 'Save as RAW'
>
> Basically we are planning on using the external dcraw application for this,
> so I fear that most of the changes you'd want to make will need to be done
> there. From what I know, it's a monolithic block of code that might not be
> the best and most nice place to start with, though.
> EXIF information could probably be used, though, since we already have a
> separate 'encapsulation' mechanism for it (without decoding any
> information, though).

Well... I'm kind of stuck with dcraw, and if Philippe wants to take RAW
support off my hands, he's welcome to it and should feel free to do whatever
he thinks is right. Whether that is using dcraw or not, I don't care.

Actually, I'm only working on RAW to oblige other people since I don't have a
camera that supports RAW (and because it's kind of interesting), so I'd be
glad to leave that to someone else.

> >  - Added functions/interfaces for photo edition
>
> At the moment we're in a feature/string freeze, but after that you're more
> than welcome to add this kind of stuff (or develop it separately in
> playground, like Cyrille does).

And making plans, describing ideas and playing with code is a very useful
preparation for supplying patches & getting commit access.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi