List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Beta 1 imminent
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2006-01-22 16:17:03

On Sunday 22 January 2006 15.41, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> I think I'll do the tagging and packing for beta 1 tonight after dinner,
> and I want to verify a couple of things:
>
> * Is OpenDocument enabled by default for KWord, KPresenter, KSpread and
> KChart?

KChart: no

On the other hand, the old style KChart documents can be embedded into a
OpenDocument file and it will be possible to read back. We will have problem
with OO.o compatibility, but KOffice will be able to read it without
problems. (right, David?)

We expect to be fixed before the final version.

> * Are all features we don't want to ship disabled?
>
> * We'll need a list of known issues for beta 1; can everyone mail their
> known issues in answer to this mail? I'll assemble them in the course of
> next week for the release notes of this beta.

KChart:
 - Changing data area when embedded into Kspread doesn't work yet.
 - The combined bars and lines chart type that OO.o provides and that is a
OpenDocument chart type doesn't work yet. Besides, I am missing an icon here.

	-Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |