List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Unnecessary files in the 1.5 beta1 tarball
From:       Martin Ellis <martin.ellis () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2006-01-21 0:28:06

On Friday 20 January 2006 23:35, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> For the same reason we're not providing .xpm files and recreate them to
> .png, and the same reason we're not not providing requiring running 'make
> -f Makefile.cvs'. Intrmediate files are not what user's, who compile the
> stuff, care about.

Huh?  Why would a user care what's in the tarball?

A 'naive' user won't even compile an app anyway.

A intermediate user will be able to compile it, but not care about how it gets
built, so long as it does.

An advanced user will be interested in the logical structure of the DB,
and may find the SQL script instructive.

Nobody cares if something is auto-generated - unless they actually need to
install a new dependency to generate it.

> Let's keep simple things simple, unlike in OO.org build
> system.

What, like this? :o)

"This directory contains example Kexi database files in SQLite 3.1 format,
distributed with Kexi source package.
If you are using Kexi source code obtained from KDE Subversion repository,
you can see .kexi.sql files here instead of .kexi files. This make it easier
to track changes in the Subversion repository."

LOL

Martin