List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Charts temporarily disabled in kspread
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2006-01-11 1:17:44

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 22.55, Inge Wallin wrote:

> I will try to fix this as soon as I possibly can, but unfortunately I
> haven't gotten any manual for the new API yet so I can't make any
> guarantees.

I have gotten some documentation now, so I am hopeful

> And yes, I am a bit annoyed that they changed the API in a 1.1.x release
> and that we got it this late.  On the other hand, we do want this new
> KDChart version for KChart 1.5, so I think it is better to get it now than
> not at all.

At this point I'd like to offer an apology to the wonderful people at KDAB.
This was not an upgrade from 1.1.x to 1.1.x+k, but an upgrade from 1.0.x to
1.1.y.

I wasn't really aware of what KDChart version we had before the switch (which
is bad of me in itself), and there is nothing strange with an API change in
such an upgrade.

I think we will have this one licked in a not too long time.

	-Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |