List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [OpenFormula-discuss] Test template spreadsheet -- suggestions
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2006-01-04 8:13:01

On Wednesday 04 January 2006 02.07, David A. Wheeler wrote:
> I need help, esp. from our KOffice brethren.  Anyone?

Hi David and everybody else that writes about KOffice,

I have been forwarding all the mails that are relevant to kspread and koffice
in general to the development mailing list, koffice-devel@kde.org.  However,
this is an uncertain method, and it would probably be good if you could CC
all the mails about kspread to that list too.

I will also encourage everybody on koffice-devel that are interested in
kspread to join this list, openformula-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net. (Note
to the koffice-devel members that see this: Please join the OpenFormula  list
too. :-) )

	-Inge

> I've been writing code to auto-generate a test ODF spreadsheet from
> our test cases; I'd like it to work on both OOo2 and KSpread (1.4.2+).
> I've created a template that works on OOo2, but it fails on KSpread;
> can anyone tell me why, and more importantly, how to fix it?
> It appears to be an obscure bug in KSpread.
>
> The spreadsheet is at:
>
> http://www.dwheeler.com/openformula/make-test-cases/openformula-test-templa
>te.ods
>
> The problem is that DCOUNTA on KSpread, when given two simultaneous
> conditions from within .ods, doesn't find anything (it shows "0 of 3"
> instead of
> the correct "3 of 3" for level 1).  Thanks.
>
> Worse comes to worse, I can make the test spreadsheet work for OOo2
> for now, and add KSpread later, but it'd be great if we had 2 independent
> implementations testing from the beginning.
>
> --- David A. Wheeler

Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |
inge@lysator.liu.se       |       life becomes meaningless."                |
                          | Geoffrey James: The Tao of Programming.         |