List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Personal look at koffice.org pages and integration (was: Grouping
From:       Martin Ellis <martin.ellis () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-12-20 0:57:33

On Monday 19 December 2005 22:14, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > Do you refer to that amateur who has wrote a LinuxMagazine article on
> > KOffice 1.4?
>
> No, the plain fact that from all KOffice apps there is no way a user can
> get data from a kexi db.
> In other words; there still is no integration.

In KOffice 1.5 it will be possible to get data into Kexi from KSpread via CSV.
I don't think it was possible in 1.4.   It's not great progress, but it is
progress.

Are you expecting to see the integration you want faster by constantly
barracking the Kexi developers?
By that, I mean posting a question like the following, when in fact you were
part of the very discussion.
http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice-devel&m=113455560814528&w=2

I think everyone here knows you want to see these features.   Some of us would
like to see them ourselves.  But it's just no fun to code on Kexi when it
gets berated by other KOffice devs, and people will either lose interest or
go adding the features that *they* want to see instead ( like features in
KoText, perhaps?  I hope they're OK, btw ).

Have a Merry Christmas,

Martin