List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Implementing next generation KSpread Format Storage design
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael.langerhorst () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-11-26 16:27:25

Hi there,

As Stefan Nikolaus has done the first step in decoupling Format from Cell I'm
about to implement the new Format Storage design as suggested in
kspread/DESIGN.html

I won't start on it today but plan to dedicate (most of) tomorrow to doing
this. I cannot yet gurantee that I have time for it (nor to finish it), but
well, that's what I've planning at least. I hope to get as far as possible.
If you have any more thoughts on this design, please reply soon.

Some random thoughts of mine:

1) I think we will have rather large grouping of information, that is data
format, including font, position, ... is one piece, (background) coloring and
border is another and so on. So I guess we end up with less than 5 layers of
format pieces.

2) Row format has a higher priority as column format

3) traversing: I'm not yet sure whether to use a quad tree, but I "guess" not.

Regards,
--
Raphael Langerhorst
http://raphael.g-system.at/blog