List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Kexi manuals - trying to clear up
From:       Martin Ellis <martin.ellis () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-04-02 1:00:47

[Sun Nov 20 2005] [20:49:27]
<[raphael]> hi annma, what happened with Kexi? was there any misunderstanding
of what to do?
<annma> I did not get at all what I was to do
<annma> the best for them would be to draw a plan first

OK, so there was definitely some confusion going on....
but I certainly have a plan.  Here's my take:

We have some text translated from Polish, but some of it doesn't read very
well, so I want to rewrite some parts:

[Thu Nov 17 2005] [16:20:36]
<annma> but for content I'll be stuck
<mart> well, we already have some text, it just needs rewriting a bit.

But since there's no way Anne-Marie was going to guess what the plan was, I
wanted to tell her first, to avoid the "too many cooks" problem:

[Thu Nov 17 2005] [16:28:07]
<mart> ok, it's not online, and there are I'd like to tell you which bits
should be left out/moved in the final version

Unfortunately, I didn't get around to sending "the plan" fast enough, and
Anne-Marie went ahead with docbooking and trampled over my newly written text
(which in retrospect is fair enough, it's presumably what she understood the
plan to be).

Cue me emailing annma, less than pleased.  Sorry, I just got frustrated - from
the quotes above I thought we were understanding each other.

Anyway.  Jaroslaw would like to get the TOC into the docs in subversion as
soon as possible.  Me too - this'll make it easier for more than one person
to work on it at the same time.   This is my next task.

As for too having too many appendices - I don't think we will.  Regardless, we
can always move the 'questionable' ones into the body of the manual later.
I've been trying to keep the structure similar to the KWord and KSpread
manuals - and the KWord manual has a chapter for 'Fundamentals' so it may
move back eventually.

Martin