List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kword frames refactor update
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-11-19 11:47:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 14 November 2005 16:32, Thomas Zander wrote:
>   Its been some time since I started working on the frames refactor and
> at least the IRC going people already know I'm still working on that.
> In order to make sure you guys did not think I fell off the face of
> this earth, I wanted to give a status update.
>
> First some numbers;
> 46 revisions in my local revision management software
> svn diff is 5091 lines long.

I just committed this stuff;
it was 6316 lines in size.

The inline frames probably don't work very well currently.
The selection stuff in tables is still the old one, and therefor joining
and selecting cells etc won't work.  If someone can help with moving that
around please speak up :)

The idea is to have a minimum of changes in the behavior of KWord, just
less crashes; so don't expect to see a major difference :)
What you can see (and I'd like to see feedback on) is that the frame
selection handles have been given a different range in which they work.
So you should be able to more easily grab the resize handles and start a
drag, for example.

/me continues working on this stuff.  Much more work to be done...
--
Thomas Zander