List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KSpread: decoupling Cell from Format
From:       Stefan Nikolaus <stefan.nikolaus () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-11-19 9:56:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello,

to prepare for a new way of format storing, it was mentioned, that we have to
decouple Cell from Format. Currently, I'm trying to do this. Now, I came to
some virtual functions, which are reimplemented in Cell.
The concerned functions are:
1. void formatChanged();
2. Format* fallbackFormat( int col, int row );

As these functions are called in many cases, my possible solutions are:
1.	a)	Convert this to a signal, to which Cell connects. This function is not
		reimplemented in RowFormat nor in ColumnFormat.
	b)	Fill the empty Format::formatChanged() with the content of
		Cell::formatChanged(). This would cause, a move of Flag_LayoutDirty
		and Flag_TextFormatDirty to Format. [->not prefered]
2.	a)	Analog to 1. b). A movement of the flags will not be nescessary.
	b)	Store the fallback format in a new variable. [->not prefered]

Any other suggestions?

Bye,
Stefan