List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread: document -> workbook
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-11-16 16:08:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 16 November 2005 15:42, Robert Knight wrote:
> Ignore the dictionary definition, I am interested in how people use
> the term in everyday language.  People don't say "Word Document",
> "Excel Document", "PowerPoint Document", they say "Word Document",
> "Excel Spreadsheet", "PowerPoint Presentation".

I'm not sure where you live; but it seems to me you are making assumptions
based on what people around you are saying.  Remember that KOffice is an
application that will be used in all locales and all countries and
microsoft conditioning can be completely absent, for example.

Stepping away from dictionairy definitions is therefor a very bad idea.
--
Thomas Zander