List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: API enhancement: Selecting area to chart in a KSpread sheet.
From:       Tomas Mecir <mecirt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-13 16:08:57

On 11/13/05, Inge Wallin <inge@lysator.liu.se> wrote:
>  - When configuring the embedded chart, I want to have a text entry with the
> caption "data area" or so, that I can enter things like "Sheet1.A1:C10" and
> have the chart updated if this area is changed.
>
> The second case is tricky, because it demands that the embedded document (the
> chart) can communicate data upwards to the embedding document (the

Why ? The text entry is in KChart, so KChart knows the range, so it
can fetch the data from KSpread, right ? So the only thing you need,
make it so the KSpread broadcasts all changes to KChart, which will
then be determining whether it's a change of interest and react
accordingly. Maybe a bit difficult, but I really don't see any sense
in having KSpread know about KChart - it's a plugin, it's supposed to
be separated :)

/ Tomas