List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Project Ascend  - or -  Kids Office
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2005-10-29 0:04:29

Today was the official start of a new subproject in KOffice: The Ascend suite
consisting of WriteUp - a writer application for kids, and DrawUp - a drawing
application.  You can find mockups and reasoning about them at
http://ingwa2.blogspot.com/ under the headings Kids Office (2 blogs).

The project is in the koffice/ascend subdirectory, and will contain all the
apps in the same directory.  Basically, they will just be much simplified
versions of KWord and Karbon, so I don't expect very much code to come out of
it. :-)

Well, read the blogs, and say what you think.  I think that it can mean a new
target group for KOffice and also more publicity.

	-Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |