List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Making koApplication inherits KUniqueApplication
From:       Clarence Dang <dang () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-26 10:25:59

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 19:59, Thomas Zander wrote:> On Wednesday 26 October \
2005 08:19, Clarence Dang wrote:> > The same process method where new windows load \
quickly, leads to modal> > dialogs locking up the application unexpectedly.  And a \
crash is fatal.> >  This also adds complexity because you now have to keep track of> \
> multiple windows.>> So, basically, you want to state that KUniqApplication is a bad \
> idea and> should be removed from kdelibs.
No, there are uses for it like kppp.
> Have mercy on people with slow processors or less memory, please!> i.e. bad bad \
> idea.
I am talking about whether it makes any sense with a document-based application like \
KWord.  KWord does not use KUniqueApplication \