List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Crash bugs in KOffice
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-18 20:15:11

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 20:58, Alan Horkan wrote:
> > Let's prevent filters from crashing in the first place,
>
> I get what you are saying but I think history proves that filter
> crashes happen even to the best of programmers and idealism wont help
> users who have not saved all documents before opening another document
> which crashes their application.  I wish I could be as optimistic as
> you.

Nobody is saying that the problem does not exist or goes away, the thing
David explained (and you have to understand he hears from a _lot_ of
users) is that in his opinion the problem is too small to warrent the
negative items this proposal brings.

His assessment is good enough reason for me.

Hearing that the majority of new docs will be opened by clicking on them
in konqueror or kmail, this also actually makes sense.
--
Thomas Zander