List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Good review in November Linux Magazine
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2005-10-16 14:52:04

On Saturday 15 October 2005 06.06, Adam Treat wrote:
> A few points:
>
> 1. Kugar as a standalone app does not make sense as it relies upon other
> parts to generate a datafile for it to feed on.  No other KOffice
> application, besides KPlato that I know of, generates such datafiles...
> Datakiosk does and perhaps other outside applications do, but you can't
> really blame Kugar for not generating data for you...

You *can* blame Kugar for not being able to read the data that *does* get
generated, though.  For instance, CSV import would be nice, as would KSpread
files, as would other data.

> 3. I want to combine kudesigner part and kugar part into one part, but this
> will be after KOffice begins the port to Qt4.  I don't see the need to do
> this before.

Now you think like a developer.  The users wants this now it seems.  And if
you don't want to get bad reviews again when 1.5 is released, you better
listen to them.

> 4.  I know the Kexi developers are set on developing a replacement, which
> is fine, we can evaluate that when it is available.

I would say that it would be better to work with them rather than wait them
out.  That would be far more productive.

	-Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |