List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice 1.4.1 Accessibility Assessment
From:       Jarosław_Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2005-10-15 22:00:26

Gary, thanks for your valuable explanation.
> On Friday 14 October 2005 08:59 am, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:>> Re Kexi a11y \
> analysis:>>>> I shouldn't be surptised you run Kexi 0.8, but notice that Kexi has \
> two>> branches: bundled with KOffice and unbundled (it appears this strategy>> has \
> manydisadvantages). First I would propose to run Kexi from SVN or at>> least 0.9, \
> instead of ~one year old Kexi 0.8.1. I noticed a few issues>> could have already \
> been fixed in Kexi 1.0-pre.> > KOffice 1.4.1 was the latest "stable" release at the \
> time I began doing> the> evaluation.

This is 0.8.
Latest Kexi stable release is 0.9, outside of KOffice. Future releases will most \
probably be counted and packaged outside of KOffice. Before that, maybe.. try 0.9.
> It will be some time before latest release makes it into > distros.  If there are \
> identified issues that have since been fixed, we> can note that in the report.> \
There may be a bug with layout settings indeed, because of "embedding open/save \
dialog within a dialog" trick.
> > I was thinking about expanding on the whole issue of screen resolution in> the \
> > Conclusions sections, stating for example, that low-sighted users> should acquire \
> > the largest monitor screen they can.> >>>> - "The buttons above the Project \
> > Navigator panel (left-hand panel of the>> main screen) are too small.">>>> These \
> > are toolbar buttons with friendly text labels. Are these smaller>> than toolbar \
> > buttons on your computer?> > My screen matches your screenshot here:> > \
> > http://www.kexi-project.org/wiki/wikiview/index.php?Accessibility> > The point of \
> > the item is that the Project Navigator buttons are smaller> than> the main \
> > toolbar buttons.  Its a judgement call if that is a problem for> low-sighted \
> > users.  Given that it does seem to be adjusting their size> according to the \
> > theme, I can be be pursuaded to remove the item from the> report.>>>> - "The text \
> > of the Property Editor is way too small making it difficult>> to read." - "The \
> > “Row” and “of” labels on the Data View and Query View>> toolbars are too \
> > small.">>>> I tested this and you're right. All similar bugs will be squashed.> > \
> > :)> >>>> - "The background color of the SQL Query Text box in the Text View has \
> > a>> dark blue background with black text when it does not have focus, making>> it \
> > almost invisible.">>>> We need to report/fix this within Kate Part's default \
> > settings.> > Its my plan to collect all the kdelibs accessibility problems I can> \
> > identify and report them all together to kde-core-devel mailing list,> rather \
> > than filing individual bugs, or is that a bad approach?
Good idea; you can add the bug re "not working right arrow key in menu"; or  Martin \
Ellis reported this in kde bugzilla? >>>> - "The Help menu item on the main menu is \
obscured by the view buttons.">>>> Screenshot please?> > Attached.  Notice the four \
buttons in the upper righthand corner that are> on top of the "Help" menu item.>  \
Thx;KMDI library bug, but as it will be dropped completely, I guess we can treat the \
                bug as "resolved in upcoming versions".
-- regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska Kexi Developer:     \
http://www.kexi-project.org | http://koffice.org/kexi KDE3, KDE4 libraries for \
developing MS Windows applications:     \
http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDElibs+for+win32_______________________________________________koffice-devel \