List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice 1.4.1 Accessibility Assessment
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2005-10-14 8:01:42

On Friday 14 October 2005 04:16, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> I have completed an accessibility self-assessment for KOffice version
> 1.4.1. You can download it in OpenOffice.org v1.1.3 format here:

Thanks -- I hadn't a clue how to proceed on this. This is a great document --
very extensive and very detailed.

> http://accessibility.kde.org/reports/koffice-1.4.1-accessibility-assessment
>.sxw
>
> There's a PDF file here:
>
> http://accessibility.kde.org/reports/koffice-1.4.1-accessibility-assessment
>.pdf
>
> As you'll see, the results are pretty poor.  :/

That was pretty much to be expected, I fear...

> I would appreciate comments, corrections, etc.

The main view background of Krita is set using the theme color; a Krita image
itself has the color the user chooses in the new image dialog.

> 2.  I would like to initiate a discussion on this list about how to improve
> accessibility in KOffice.  There's a Recommendations section at the end of
> the document with some ideas.  (I am currently working on a capability to
> size QSizer and QDockWindows with the keyboard.)

Cool!

> BTW, I used OpenOffice.org 2.0 rc1 to convert the document above to
> OpenDocument format.  When I loaded it into KWord (recent svn copy), it
> mangled it pretty badly.  When I loaded the .xsw file into KWord, it seemed
> to lock up. :(

KWord really cannot handle tables -- I guess that's the main problem here.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi