List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    koffice open diag.
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-09-30 14:47:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

Here is an initial setup.

The widget is constructed on application launch, preferably by the KOffice
library.  The first item is always the recent files and the last item is
always the custom document, if applicable, naturally.
So any extra template groups are added in between.

Please look at the class hierarchy; we can reuse the recent and the
template widgets since they are so similar.  I just added the different
texts in the subclasses.

I always extend from the UI file and add controller code (button handlers
and text-setting code etc) in that class.  I think its cleaner, but if
you have big problems with it, I won't object  :)

I added a class named; KoCustomDocumentCreator as a common interface for
applications to use to register a widget that specifies specific document
details.
Think the dialog in Krita you get after selecting 'Empty document'.
That dialog (or one inheriting from it) would also inherit from
KoCustomDocumentCreator and implement the methods for things like
creating an empty document to open, or to set the kconfig instance for
persistence reasons.

Things not relevant about the code;  but important anyway.
* we need icons that make more sense then any suggestions I made so far.
Icons for Recent files, or the Open Existing File button come to mind.
* having different sized text under the icons and the buttons means its
possible to get 'jumping' UIs.  This may take some tweaking at the end to
fix.

I hope you can use this, feel free to rename etc.
--
Thomas Zander

["kofficeui-newOpendiag.tgz" (application/x-tgz)]