List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    AW: Microsoft Office 12: new user interface
From:       "Frauke Oster" <f.oster () frsv ! de>
Date:       2005-09-23 10:28:24

I just had a deeper look into the video and I think the new GUI is awesome.
The usability is much better. It is easy to use and I love the live preview.
I wouldn't mind to get rid of all the menus with all the submenus and menu
items. I hate to search through them to find the features I would like to
use. The new GUI is imho better structured. The one thing I like best from
the video is the change from text to diagrams in PowerPoint, that is
something I really miss. Using themes is another thing I like. This is
pretty useful, you can have a private and a business theme e.g.
In my opinion people who start using a pc for the first time, will get along
with the new office much faster than with the
old one and people who are used to it won't need too long to get along with
it either. So I can't wait to lay my hands on the new office.

Cheers,
Frauke