List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    RE: Really bad review of KOffice 1.4.1
From:       Sven_Lüppken <sven () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-09-19 17:17:15

Hi all!

> I'm not sure about that and will check that further. :)

Replying to myself. It seems there won't be any problem for me to implement
the .docx-format but I didn't finish investigating yet. I looked up the blog
of Brian
Jones, a program manager in the MS Office team and found the following post:
http://blogs.msdn.com/brian_jones/archive/2005/09/05/461143.aspx

The license of Microsoft is _really_ pretty straighforward as it seems the
only thing
I have to take care of is to include

Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Permission to copy, display and distribute this document is available at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/odcXMLRef/html/odcXMLRefLegalNotice.
asp?frame=true.

to every source file I create. This is the license text of the 2003 XML
formats but I guess
the license of the Office 12 formats will be the same. I'm thinking about
replying
to his blog to get in direct contact with him. The following link could be
interesting too:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/xml/licenseoverview.mspx

What do you think?

Cheers,